Swap It or Top It Summer 2013 Contest
For those of you who are setting up your yearly promotional plans with your retailers, we are providing you with materials in order to take part in exciting summer online contest which will bring mushrooms to the forefront with your retailers this summer…
Swap It or Top It
Other commodity groups have effectively used retail promotions to grow their sales and the overall commodity. Now is the time for the Mushroom industry to do the same. This promotion will create retail sales lift, increase shopper awareness, and build shopper impulse purchases and consumption of mushrooms.
This summer’s recipe contest will:
- Encourage consumers to try Swapability through participation in an online contest.
- Create rally point to spark media interest and increase consumer awareness about Swapability cooking/health benefits.
WHO: Your store, mushroom supplier, and the Mushroom Council
Internal Industry Materials
- Swap It or Top It Internal Contest Flyer - Provides the details on the recipe contest, how you can support the contest, and samples of materials.
- INTERNAL Swap It or Top It Summer Online Contest Outline – Provides the details on the recipe contest and how we will bring the promotion to life.
- Media Tip Sheet - How-to’s for pitching traditional and social media.
- Swap It or Top It Retailer Sell Sheet – Outlines the contest details for your retail customers and encourages them to get involved.
- Swap It or Top It Retail Presentation PDF | PowerPoint– Outlines the contest and highlights visual examples of POS materials, which can be co-branded.
- Swap It or Top It Contest Rules (Coming Soon) – Use this document to familiarize yourself with the contest rules,
- Swap It or Top it Contest POS Materials and Labels – Use these files to customize our template POS materials for custom use with your customers. Poster, dangler, channel strip, on-pack label. Includes Photoshop files, and PDF’s.
- Contest Descriptions – Sample verbiage to use when describing the contest.
- Most Recent Version of our Mushroom Marketplace Newsletter - read how mushrooms can be better merchandised in store to increase sales growth.
MyPlate & PBH – What It Means For You
We would like to bring to your attention an exciting new opportunity which recently presented itself this week. We are now working with the MyPlate program and PBH, and have their logo’s prominently displayed on our materials. Having these organizations as partners is an important stepping stone. Not only will your retailers jump at the chance to participate in something supported by MyPlate & PBH, but these organizations will help amplify our messages, encouraging more participants to take part and building awareness around the health benefits of mushrooms. We are very excited about this opportunity, and we hope you are too.
Unlike the pink promotion, where pink tills draw consumers to the mushroom display, it is important to use point-of-sale materials calling attention to the contest. The Council has developed the above materials for industry use. The Council does not need to review or approve any point of sale materials or on-pack labels as long as the information included is accurate according to the contest rules*. If you would like the Council to review your materials for accuracy, you may send them to email@example.com for comments or approval within 24 hours.
EXPLORE and USE the full collection the Swap It or Top It materials here on MushroomCouncil.org. If you have any questions, please contact the Council at (408) 432-7210, Cheryl(at)mushroomcouncil(dot)org, or brittan
*Any incorrect prizing information communicated will need to be fulfilled by the participating company.